Job Title: Experienced Audit Associate
Reports to: Partners and Managers
Job Summary: The Experienced Audit Associate is expected to further acquire and develop competence, skills and judgment in accounting principles and auditing procedures.
Salary Range and Benefits: Commensurate with experience, standard firm benefits
Hours Required: 40 hrs + OT
FLSA Status: Exempt
MaloneBailey, LLP is actively seeking qualified candidates for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in our SEC Audit Practice. MaloneBailey, LLP is based in Houston, Texas and has offices in Beijing and Shenzhen. Since the firm’s founding over three decades ago, our commitment to deliver microcap audit services has enabled our practice to become one of the largest in the world, and it’s still growing. Today, with over 100 SEC registrants, we audit more microcap companies that any other firm in the world. Members of this practice area deliver audit services to small and middle-market public companies in a variety of industry lines.
Your mission is to capitalize on the many opportunities we offer to cultivate your career and grow your individual talents. We are a diversified team with an expanding international footprint who enjoys serving clients in multiple industry lines, collaborative team work and open door access to leadership. Our staff are exposed to a structured approach to training and professional development, an extensive orientation process, the ability to participate on various committees and take part in established mentoring and buddy programs.
NextGen Council: You won’t find this at other firms. The purpose of the NextGen Council is to explore and understand how our future leaders views the Firm and its future. Members of this Council meet regularly with the firm leaders and the Council is exclusively made up of those in their first and second year of employment at MaloneBailey. Because we understand and anticipate that the firm will eventually belong to the next generation, MaloneBailey’s leadership wants to know what matters most to tomorrow’s leaders.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Further gain familiarity with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA.
- Become proficient at auditing financial statements for clients.
- Obtain exposure on the types of financial statement engagements offered by the Firm.
- Assume responsibility for various segments of audits under supervision.
- Be familiar with current accounting principles and auditing techniques.
- Execute day to day activities of audit engagements for multiple clients.
- Interact with clients to help audit team efficiency.
- Communicate auditing matters and problems to Senior Associates, Managers and Partners.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business.
- Become oriented with Firm’s practices, policies, and culture.
- Establish a Continuing Professional Educational program to include participation in training sessions, and reading and self-study programs, in preparation for supervisory role.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 4-16 months of recent work experience, encompassing at least one audit busy seaon, in the field of accounting, with exposure to various responsibilities in public accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic business, technology, or audit principles/standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel).
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Actively working toward CPA certification, if not already obtained.