Job Title: SEC Audit Senior
Reports to: Partners and Managers
Job Summary: Under the supervision of Audit Manager, work on client audit engagements to examine and audit accounting records and financial statements of client company. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any field focusing on statistical analysis and computational techniques such as Logistics Management, and 16 months’ related occupation. Must have recent work experience, encompassing 2 audit busy seasons, in the field of accounting, with exposure to various responsibilities in public accounting.
Salary Range and Benefits: Commensurate with experience, standard firm benefits
Hours Required: 40 hrs + OT
FLSA Status: Exempt
MaloneBailey, LLP is actively seeking qualified candidates for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in our SEC Audit Practice. MaloneBailey, LLP is based in Houston, Texas and has offices in Beijing and Shenzhen. Since the firm’s founding over three decades ago, our commitment to deliver microcap audit services has enabled our practice to become one of the largest in the world, and it’s still growing. Today, with over 100 SEC registrants, we audit more microcap companies that any other firm in the world. Members of this practice area deliver audit services to small and middle-market public companies in a variety of industry lines.
Your mission is to capitalize on the many opportunities we offer to cultivate your career and grow your individual talents. We are a diversified team with an expanding international footprint who enjoys serving clients in multiple industry lines, collaborative team work and open door access to leadership. Our staff are exposed to a structured approach to training and professional development, an extensive orientation process, the ability to participate on various committees and take part in established mentoring and buddy programs.
NextGen Council: You won’t find this at other firms. The purpose of the NextGen Council is to explore and understand how our future leaders views the Firm and its future. Members of this Council meet regularly with the firm leaders and the Council is exclusively made up of those in their first and second year of employment at MaloneBailey. Because we understand and anticipate that the firm will eventually belong to the next generation, MaloneBailey’s leadership wants to know what matters most to tomorrow’s leaders.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Under the supervision of the Audit Manager, work on client audit engagements to examine and audit accounting records and financial statements of the client company.
- Work with generally accepted accounting principles and SEC accounting and reporting rules, where applicable, and financial statement presentation.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of PCAOB and generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Familiarize entry level associates and interns on audit processes.
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business.
- Proactively interact with key client’s representatives to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Perform other job related duties as necessary.
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any field focusing on statistical analysis and computational techniques
- 16 months of recent work experience, encompassing 2 audit busy seasons, in the field of accounting, with exposure to various responsibilities in public accounting.